Ordering vs. Buying Off The Lot
With new vehicle inventories running low across the country, you may have wondered if you should special order your next new vehicle rather than buying one of the lot. More and more Huntington-area car-buyers are choosing to do just that—and for good reason!
Ordering your car makes it much easier to get the features you really want, without paying for anything that you won’t actually use. Plus, you’ll never have to settle for a color or design that you don’t love. Ready to learn more? Read the guide below and find out if a custom Chevrolet could be right for you.
Benefits of Ordering Your New Chevrolet
Buying a car off the lot does have its benefits—you’ll be able to get a close look at the exact model you’re purchasing, and you can take your new car home to Wabash without delay. In fact, some customers prefer a “what you see is what you get” approach to car-buying.
However, buying off the lot can be a disadvantage when it comes to getting what you want, especially during periods of low inventory and high demand. That’s certainly the case right now, in the midst of pandemic-fueled chip shortages and production challenges.
It’s always worth your time to see what’s available on our lot in North Manchester—but if you don’t find something that precisely meets your needs, we can order it for you directly from the manufacturer. Building your own Chevrolet offers benefits like:
- Not paying for features you don’t need or won’t use.
- Working with an experienced staff who can help you to select upgrades and packages that are within your budget.
- The freedom to design a vehicle with your preferred features and styling.
How To Custom Order Your Vehicle
If you do decide to custom order your vehicle, our team is standing by to assist! We’ll make sure that your new Chevrolet is the perfect fit for you in terms of price, performance, interior features, and design. Here’s what you need to know about taking the next steps:
- Contact Us – Once you’ve decided to order a vehicle, get in touch! You can fill out a form inquiry online, but we’d also be happy to chat with you over the phone at 260-823-2012 or in-person here at the dealership. We’ll walk through all of the available features, packages, and design options for your preferred Chevrolet model.
- Security Deposit – When you’ve finalized your new vehicle build and price, you’ll need to provide a security deposit. From there, you and a Shepherd's Chevrolet Incorporated sales representative will discuss payment options and a delivery date.
- Pick Up Your Car – All that’s left now is to pick up your new Chevrolet! We’ll give you a call as soon as your vehicle arrives at our dealership in North Manchester.
Learn More About Custom Orders at Shepherd's Chevrolet Incorporated
If you have any further questions about getting a Chevrolet build and price that works for you, don’t hesitate to reach out or visit our dealership—conveniently located near Warsaw! In the meantime, visit our Model Showroom to learn all about the features that Chevrolet models have to offer.